Monday, March 3, 2008

Second Life Sceptic

I opened a Second Life account a year and a half back... And how many times have I been back since - not even once. I can bet that out of the 7 million residents that Second Life claims to have, most are like me… curious but not convinced.

As a consumer and as a marketer, i am not convinced by all the hullabaloo over Second Life. And I attribute the crazy rush for brands to become a part of this landscape, more to herd mentality that smart marketing.

Sure, Second Life found itself on the cover of Business Week and it can claim to have over 7 million residents...but before getting carried away with the media hype, marketers must do their due diligence...

Here is what Wired has to say -http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/magazine/15-08/ff_sheep

No comments: